Thursday, August 14, 2014

Motivated and Grateful

image



I am a firm beliver that the above statement is true. With that said I need to tell you about some dude I know that kicked my ass into gear.

So...back in May I was asked/challenged to pick a guy for the FB page for #Friskyfriday.  I thought what the hell? But ok. So I went with a hottie we all know SHAWN DAWSON.


image



At that time little did I know what an impact he would have in my life. Here I am today to share it with you.

After our #Friskyfriday encounter. The convo continued. You all know how good he is with communication.  How he hasn't shut me up and told me to take the high road is beyond me. In our convos he without knowing called bullshit on something I said. I laughed at it and then his words came back to me, and continued to come back. I said to myself its time. No more bullshit. He had no freaking clue what I was doing.

In the midst of me taking on a challenge he had no idea of. We managed to work on two Q & As and not once did I tell him what I was doing. He continued to inspire me with his posts and comments on social media.

Well here I am 2 1/2 months later to say THANK YOU! I took your words to heart. I have lost 20 lbs and more inches than I care to share and am 3 dress sizes smaller.

I am now on week two of his online coaching and loving it. It's not easy to embark on a challenge like this. Especially, when your motivation has no clue exactly how they impact your life.

Shawn, thank you. Thank You for being a friend and an inspiration.  Thank you for trusting me and sharing with me.

Truly you have found a very special place in my heart. I appreciate and am thankful for the laughs and the conversation.

Keep doing your thing. Like I told you before. I got your back you're an amazing person. You are changing lives. Stay humble and true to yourself.

Love you lots. 

3 comments:

  1. Ashley (Ashley's Book Corner)August 14, 2014 at 5:48 AM

    Such an inspirational guy! I am so happy for you! Keep up the good work, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer this I have to say that I have to thank you both, him for inspiring and you for helping him get his message across to people like me. Have to say that because of his answers to your Q & A, I took the decision to partake in the same journey you have.

    I believe in leading by example I have 2 pre-diabetic children, in shape like you don't imagine, but the nutritional aspect was neglected and is all my fault, and Shawn I'm not bitching, I'm making a point, so, they are eating healthier, because I have incorporated vegetables to their diet and they have accepted the change beautifully, after two weeks of cutting and adding to their daily intake they say they are feeling different , blood rests are near, but my kids sugar levels have been normal since then, and to a mom that's the greatest accomplishment, one I wouldn't have been able to do without your help.

    Feeling better and.more positive than ever , and you don't even know the other aspects, your words have motivated me to change.

    So know I don't believe that people come to your life by accident, things are meant to happen, and I'm glad you both were meant to happen in my life even though we don't know each other personally (though I hope that can change next year),I hold a very special place in my heart, specially you SHAWN DAWSON, you who call bulshit even without being in front of people.

    The best of luck and success in all the things that you decide and are offered to you!! You deserve 10 times the good things you get, you are a blessing in my life and my kids too. They look forward each day to the motivational messages you post. God gave you a great gift, and you took the right decision in get it across.

    Hugs and kisses coach.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete