Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What If by Bayli Lane - Review

bayli lane cover

 

WHAT IF

 

five-stars

FIVE STARS!!!!

 

 

What if the one you loved, loved you back but was to afraid to tell you? How long would you wait for destiny to bring you together?

Arrow and Briar had me going back to the days of young love. The days when we had that crush but were too afraid to tell that person how we felt. The fear of rejection.  We have all been there.

Arrow, is the guy we fall for. Call it love at first sight, but once we start talking to him for a few hours we are doomed. Done. Stick a fork in us... we sense the mutual interest. We will be together.  A few hours later, we see him, our future, with someone else. Did we miss the signs? Did we misunderstand?

The story starts off with our main characters Arrow and Briar in high school, the story develops from their. In order for the story to mature then we need to start from the beginning. I had no problem with that. Arrow is finally ready to tell Briar how he feels but he's a young man and delivers a blow to her before he can confess his true emotions. He takes that as, I must have read her wrong. Did I miss something? Is the feeling not mutual?

Our boy and girl eventually grow apart and start living separate lives. They lose contact with one another but that is all. They continue to think of each other to wonder what the other is doing. We watch Arrow and Briar live through real life events. The events help them grow. Help them realize what they want.

Ten years after meeting they finally get their chance.Their chance to finally tell each other everything that they have held back for the past decade.  The words don't come easy the actions are difficult.

How does one react when the person you have loved, and wanted to for ten years finally admits what you thought and felt all along?

This book had me turning pages, I needed to know what was going to happen what was Arrow doing. What was Briar up to. I went on a ride I won't soon forget. I laughed, I cried and dammit I wanted to hurt a bitch. 

Bayli, has a beautiful writing style. Her words flowed and the story evolved. The reader grows with the characters. We felt the pain they were feeling and we shared in their joy.  As a reader that's what I want. I want to feel the story. Grow with the characters. I don't want a short story that wraps up quickly. 

I think I have a new 1-click author. I truly recommend WHAT IF. 

BAYLI TEASER 2 WHAT IGBAYLI WHAT IF TEASER

 

Bayli Lane

bayli pic

No comments:

Post a Comment