Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Q & A with RYAN PATRICK




First, I must say THANK YOU to Ryan for doing this. Some of my friends went wild with pics of Ryan and his posts, and the  pics with his precious princess, of course, are just adorable. Well, being me, I had to get to know the man the ladies I know were raving about.  Its one thing to look at a pic and yet another to have a conversation with a person. All I will say is that I am blown away by him. 

Hope that book fans, pic up S. Moose books, read, review and show her some love on her page. Also, lets show mad love to Mr. FuriousFotog for the amazing work he does.

Ryan, let's get this rolling.

RB: How would you describe your profession/job? 

RPM: I view what I do as being a motivator. It's not about being a model, it's about the platform that being a model gives me. I want to change lives and be the source of light for someone who is in a dark place, that's how I would describe what I do.

RB: How did you get involved the fitness/cover model world?

RPM: It was actually all by complete luck. I knew this girl Vicky through a friend of mine and one day in June, Facebook recommended that I friend her. I thought we were already friends so I sent her a request. About an hour later she messaged me asking if I wanted to be on the cover of a book for her sister. I said yes and it's all kind of snowballed from there. 

RB: Where does your motivation come from?  When you are lacking it what’s the best way to stay focused?

RPM: My motivation comes from the fact that I refuse to live life without living out my dreams. For years I hated life and was extremely sad all the time, but fitness gave me something to focus on. I fell in love with it and knew that one day it would change my life. Then when Jenna was born my purpose to be successful grew even more. My motivation comes from within because I've always known what I wanted out of life. When I'm having a rough day, I just remind myself of why I'm doing this. Why the sacrifice is worth it, and it all makes sense.

RB: Your posts on social media are very inspiring. What is it like to hear that you touch people’s lives in such a positive manner? 

RPM:  It's crazy to me the response I get to my posts. I don't plan my posts, I simply write about how I'm feeling in that moment. Writing posts like that helps me with my issues. It's very therapeutical for me to express my feelings and I love having a platform to do so. When people tell me that I've changed their outlook on life, or how my words have helped, it's the greatest feeling in the world.

RB: When did you decide to join the fitness world and why?

RPM: I became obsessed with fitness when I was 18 in college. I hated the way I looked and I knew how I wanted to look. Then I had a lot of things happen within a 3 year span between getting in trouble at school, losing all of my friends, my dad passing away, and Jenna being born. Fitness gave me something to focus on and putting my body through a workout helped me deal with my pain. I've always known I wanted to be a part of the fitness world to help others, and I'm so glad that it's coming true. 

RB: What have you learned about yourself since you started your fitness journey?

RPM: I've learned that I'm a much stronger human being than I thought I was. It's taught me to believe in myself. It's given me confidence in every aspect of life. I view fitness as a metaphor for life. You put yourself through something you're not sure you can do, but when you prevail you are stronger for it.

RB: What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced since starting your fitness journey?

RPM:  My biggest obstacle has been accepting that I will never be perfect. Like I said before, I went through some dark times where I hated myself. I thought building the perfect physique would equate to my happiness, it did not. I've changed since then and for the first time in my life I love who I am. I will never be perfect and I'm ok with that. 

RB: What has been your biggest accomplishment in your fitness journey?

RPM: So far my biggest accomplishment has been this book cover that I have coming out. It's started so many good things for me and this next year is going to be insane. I have so many more covers, photoshoots, and events to go to. It's really really cool how it's all worked out.

RB: Favorite cheat meal?

RPM:  Pizza and chicken wings for actual food, and Oreos for dessert. I looooove Oreos haha.

RB: What is your ultimate goal; professional/personal?

RPM: My ultimate goal is to build a life for Jenna where she will never have to worry about anything. Where I'm able to support myself without having to work a 9-5 job and watch life pass me by. I want to live life, not be trapped in something I hate. I want to be able to do everything with Jenna and not have anything hold us back. Life is too short to not be truly happy and be held back. 

RB: Landing the cover of a Romance Book, what was that like?

RPM: Still can't believe it haha. I've always wanted to be a cover model but never thought it 
would actually happen. It's just been an awesome experience.




RB: Were you familiar with romance book world and its fans before landing the S. Moose cover?

RPM: Nope not at all. I've definitely learned a lot though since June haha.


RB: Photoshoots. What are they like and what is the most uncomfortable and fun part about them?

RPM: Photoshoots are a blast, and it doesn't really make sense because I've always been an insecure person. I wanted to be a model to get over that insecurity. When I'm in front of the camera though it feels natural. My worries go away and I'm very calm. I'm extremely confident in what I've built, so there's no reason not to be. 

RB: What has been the scariest thing you have done and looked back and thought, “well that wasn’t too bad?”

RPM: Getting my girlfriend pregnant at 21 was definitely the scariest moment of my life haha. It's definitely one of those things now though where I look back and say "it's all been worth it." Being a father is amazing and I feel so blessed. Definitely not as bad as I thought it would be haha.



RB: Fatherhood. What was it like holding baby Jenna in your arms for the first time?

RPM: The moment my little girl was born my life changed forever. I'll never forget first looking at her and realizing that she is something I created, that she was a part of me. I cried, it was an amazing moment. 

RB: What is your favorite thing to do with your baby girl?

RPM: Honestly I just love doing normal kid stuff with her. Like take her to the playground, playing Barbies with her, doing her hair, painting her nails, watching princess movies, just everything. I love every second of it.

RB: Do you have a favorite Disney Princess? Who is it and why?

RPM:  I've always liked Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Not really sure why, that movie has just always been one of my favorites.

RB: What is your favorite thing to do for the Holidays?

RPM: Opening presents on Christmas Day with Jenna is definitely my favorite part of the holidays. I love how excited she gets and I love seeing her be so happy. It's just a great time.


RB: What is a typical day like in the life of Ryan McNulty?

RPM: My life is actually pretty boring right now. My schedule everyday is wake up, go to the gym, work all day, and on nights I don't have Jenna I go to the gym again. That's pretty much all I do with my life. I rarely go out and do things, I'm just so focused on pursuing this dream of mine and being ready for all of my photoshoots. 

RB: How would you describe the “perfect” date night?

RPM: The perfect date would be going out somewhere nice for dinner, coming home, starting a fire in the fireplace, and cuddle while watching a movie. I'm a very affectionate person and I love feeling connected to someone. 

RB: What would you like to tell your fans.

RPM: Thank you, just thank you for everything. Nothing I could write here would ever explain how much this means to me. The support I have is overwhelming and it does make me cry. I appreciate every single person who follows me, and I hope they know that. They are helping me live out my dreams, and I will never be able to repay them for that. I'm just so grateful. So again, thank you.


Again, thank you so much for your time and for answering all my questions. You, are AMAZING!!!

3 comments:

  1. How can we not love Ryan!!! He's genuine and one of a kind. He is more than willing to give and expects nothing in return. Love the interview. Thanks for sharing
    Kiyoki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in and reading it.He is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Love it. Great interview. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete