Thursday, March 5, 2015

*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*ELENA M. REYES; The Q & A*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.✫*


Follow this author:
When I got the crazy idea to spotlight Latina Authors I had only a handful that I knew of. One morning,  I got an email and I saw this lovely ladies name and jumped at the chance to read a book by her. Well, let me tell you, I was not disappointed and fell in love with her book.  Since, then I have another and it was super hot!

Here is an interview we did. I hope you take a chance and get to give her work a chance.


RB:  What or who inspired you to write romance novels, and was this a genre you HAD to tap into?

EMR: It all started in my fanfiction days. While I loved the innocence that the Twilight world had created, I needed more. Fade to black wasn’t doing it for me and I found what I had been searching for in the Twilight fandom community.
I read a lot in those days, heck, many of the books that are taking over the Bestsellers lists were my favorite stories.
 It was the impulse to jump in a create something of my own that prompted me to write that first fic and I haven’t looked back since. The genre was easy, as I could not connect with the fade to black moments.
Give me the raw, dirty, animalistic and I’m all over it. I’m an adult, and as such love to see the natural instincts in the main couple come alive with the first kiss, touch…fuck.
To me anything else wouldn’t do.

RB: What would you say is the toughest part about writing a hot sex scene?

EMR: Making it different from your last one is the toughest part.
Let’s be real, there are only so many ways that you can write a blow job. It doesn’t change all that much, but it is my job to make each nibble, lick, or suck down her throat unique. Be it with dialog, or the characters emotions and actions in between…it’s all about how can I push the boundaries or make this one scene stand out.
It’s a tough balance, but we live for this. In addition, the research aspect is so much fun.

RB: Hmmm, how much time is spent researching said sex scenes? ;-)
EMR: All I will say is my husband loves my job. J
RB: I got to meet Camden and Amanda. Girl, your book is so damn hot, I read it in less than 24 hours.  How and where did this story come from? Genius, by the way.

EMR: *Blushes* Thank you!
The idea came to me a few years back. I wrote 5k nonstop before hitting a wall, and adding it to my huge folder of “someday I’ll finish,” stories. I’d forgotten about it, until a years ago when I met this smoking hot masseuse from Poland. He was beautiful to say the least, and my biggest inspiration for Camden.
We talked a lot in the mornings when he would come to the store. He was polite, sweet, and very passionate about his job. Our interactions caused me to open that doc one morning and let the words take over.
 It was so much fun to write, and someday in the future I do plan to revisit these two. I left it open enough in Taunting Lips, where I could do so much more with those characters…see where life has taken them a few years down the line.

RB: As I read the book, I loved how you used Spanish in some places.  Do you feel, that since you are a Latina you have to use Spanish or is it a natural thing for you to use it?

EMR: It’s natural to me. Living in Florida, we use “Spanglish” as our day to day way to communicate. I’ll start off a sentence in English, and before I know it, I’m in full blown Cuban mode. My friends who are not from here tend to think it’s hilarious. I just see it as the norm.

RB: Explain “gatita”, how did that come about? FYI; that has got to be the best line in a book ever! I can’t even get over it.

EMR: At the time I began this a few years back the nickname had been little bird. I liked it, and was sad when I found a promo pic on Facebook where another author—whose book was set to be out in a few days—was using it too. I couldn’t use it. Didn’t feel right too. If there is one thing I like to do is stand apart from the rest any way I can.
Therefore, I searched until something felt right. She was his little gatita. His kitten.

 Teasing Hands Excerpt:
“I see.” He frowned, his jaw ticking as he watched me. “Sorry for the delay, my little gatita. Right this way.” Camden’s intense stare never wavered in its perusal while I stood; on the contrary, his visual caress only intensified the closer to him I got.
My stomach muscles contracted with each breath I took. His eyes darkened, and my clit twitched. What, at first view, looked to be a calming sea of tranquility quickly morphed into a raging storm of lust.
Once within touching distance, the need to reach out to him only grew fiercer. I pulled on his arms—daring and saying a big fuck you to the inappropriate—tugging him just a bit closer. The ardor that simple contact ignited made me light-headed. The blood pulsed through my veins for him.
“I’ll forgive your tardiness on one condition.” The whispered words in the silence of the room felt like a war cry. Embarrassment clouded my face and I grew warm under his intense scrutiny.
His finger reached out and pulled my face up to face him. “I’m listening.”
“Why’d you call me ‘tiny kitty’ in Spanish?” His smile was back, making him look youthful and coquettish.
“You.”
What the hell kind of answer was that? Narrowing my eyes, I stared him down and asked, “Me?”
He lowered the finger holding my chin in place and wrapped his arm around my waist. It was completely inappropriate, I knew. The huff behind us from where the plastic bimbo receptionist sat told me she agreed.
“Yes, gatita. You are one delicate little wild pussy that I plan to set free.”
I flushed red at his words. It wasn’t out of anger or embarrassment. No. It was raw lust and greed for more that made me blush. “But why in Spanish?”
“Because I could easily talk about that sweet pink pussy in public and no one would be the wiser. They’d see the name as cute, when in reality I’m letting the world know that this little kitty will only purr for me.”

RB: Aside from writing hot books with fine ass men, what other things capture your interest? Hmmm.. sex at spa maybe?
EMR: My husband would kill me! LOL
 Between us though, the man gives a wonderful massage and I am one lucky girl. J
Now as to my other interest, I like to read. Lately I’ve been on this crazy werewolf kick and I’m devouring anything that appeals to me. I’m also a huge fan of cheesy/tacky reality TV shows. The cornier they are the better. These train wrecks are so much fun to watch.
Animal Planet is also a must have at my house…give me snakes, sharks, and gators!

RB: What has been the toughest part about being an indie author?

EMR: Standing out in this genre can be very difficult. There are so many talented authors out there, it’s hard to find your niche and stand out in the crowd.  It’s an exciting and hard job, but the erotic community is ever growing and the skies are the limit on what we can do.
We push the boundaries each day with what we give the public. I seriously believe that this market is the best. The erotica community is both loyal and vocal about their love for their favorite characters.
There are very little limitations on what’s appropriate and that makes the playing field both vast, and fun. As I stated above, the research aspect is the best. J

RB: What have you learned about yourself during your journey as in author? Writing, editing, publishing.

EMR: It is so much work. Seriously, I spend more time on a daily basis interacting on social medial or marketing my books, than I do writing. This business is all about word of mouth so you have to keep yourself relevant.
Be it doing a takeover, giveaway, promoting in a group…tweeting. It’s all very important and a must.
RB: What would you say has been the most rewarding part about being a indie author?
EMR: Making friends with readers and bloggers alike, this is what makes this the most rewarding job in the world. I get to hang or talk, with people that love the same things I do. Share my work, talk about the books we read, and swoon over the dominating alphas that drive us wild.

RB: Being a Latina in the industry has got to be interesting. Sex and romance are a taboo topic in some of our homes. How does your family feel about your books? Mami, Papa, abuela, tios, tias.  Hmmm
EMR: I grew up with a father—that to this day—is a co-pastor in a Baptist church. Fun times. He’s the only person in my family I worried about when it came to this. I remember sitting down with him last summer to discuss the change in my career. We spoke about it in length, and at the end of the conversation he said:
“Be happy and do whatever you have to do to achieve it.”
I was shocked by his response. He doesn’t want specifics on what I do, but the man is proud and that brings a huge smile to my face.

RB: Time management. Being a writer, a wife and a mom. How do you juggle it all?

EMR: I write when I can, and the mood hits. The one thing I won’t do is force the words just to get that next book out. I would be cheating myself, and most importantly, the reader. Morning, noon, or night… it doesn’t matter. You have no idea how many times I’ve awoken from sleep just to jot down a plot idea or scene notes that won’t leave me alone. LoL But through it all, I will say that I love my job.

RB: As a writer you spend time working on a story to deliver. Many of us love to read and review. Many readers don’t take the time to review. Why are reviews important to an author and how can we help you get readers to review?

EMR: Reviews are important in many ways, but for me personally, it’s that they let me see my words through someone else’s eyes. The emotions they felt and connections they sustained with my characters. Did they relate? Did it make them smile or laugh? Making them feel the emotions that the heroine felt through the first kiss. Did the male make them swoon or want to break their kindles? Seeing them interpret my words is an honor and never fails to bring a smile to my face.

RB: Were you an avid reader from a young age, what was your favorite book as a child?

EMR: Oh, God yes! Being able to lose myself inside the pages of a book has always been one of my greatest pleasures. Sweet Valley High and Babysitters Club books were my childhood obsession. Secretly, I still love them. They take me back to my childhood. J

RB: What would you like to tell your fans?

EMR: That’s a simple one …the best is yet to come.
Thank you so much Elena for your time.  I can’t wait to get to know you a little bit better and to read more of your books. Gracias mujer.

No comments:

Post a Comment