Thursday, April 23, 2015

*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*SPOTLIGHT*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`* ASHLEY ERIN~ Q & A



ASHLEY ERIN




Every now and again we get the opportunity to meet some pretty cool people. Ashley Erin is one those amazing, funny and just down to earth people.  I had the pleasure of getting the ARC to ALL ABOUT US, I was so excited; this was Ashley's very first book and if I love one thing its NEW AUTHORS!!!  To get to hold and read their words is an absolute honor!

She has a new book coming our way. Before she gets too busy with the promoting part I wanted to take a few minutes of her time and ask her a few things.  Hope you all enjoy our little banter.

Thank You so much for your time Ashley!

RB: What or who inspired you to write?

AE: I’ve enjoyed reading ever since I was a very young child, as I got older I also discovered I loved to write. My inspiration is my passion for the written word, it holds so much power.

RB: Is writing a book something you have always wanted to do?

AE: I have dreamt of writing a book since before high school but never truly thought it was possible.

RB: What would you say is your favorite book in the last year?

AE: Hmmmm... This is always a tough question because I read a lot and I hate picking favorites. My favorite that I’ve read in the past year if I HAVE to pick... Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover.

RB: Do you have a favorite story or book that you remember reading as a child?

AE: I loved Little House on the Prairie. The entire series. If I had to pick a favorite, These Happy Golden Years (I liked the romance aspect when Laura and Almanzo start going for buggy rides and the proposal) even then I was a sucker for a good romance.

RB: What have you learned about yourself during the writing process?

AE: I learned how much I can accomplish when I really focus. Both All About Us and The No Asshole Rule were written while I was working full time. When I set my mind to something, I just focus and do it.

RB: What would you say is the most challenging part about writing, publishing and promoting a book?

AE: For me... Believing anyone would take a leap of faith in me and give my novel a shot. I write stories I love and hope that people love them too.

RB: The story of Emma and Dane is a beautifully and well written one. Where did the inspiration for it come from?

AE: My inspiration for All About Us came to me one day when I was with my horse, Serenity (who makes appearances in All About Us). I was just spending time with her and doing a lot of thinking about loss. I’ve worked with people who have been dealt a substantial amount of loss and the strength the show in how they overcome it inspires me. I just started jotting notes one day and characters formed. The plotline is quite a bit different than what I had originally envisioned, but I think it’s better.

RB: Writers block. How do you handle it?

AE: I try to push through it. Whether it’s just continuing to type or moving onto another idea. I was blocked with All About Us for a while and so I participated in NaNoWriMo in November and wrote the majority of The No Asshole Rule. It was speaking to me loudly and All About Us wasn’t.

RB: What does a typical day in Ashley Erin world entail?

AE: I’m pretty boring. I wake up, let the dogs out (if Aaron hasn’t already fallen for me pretending to be asleep so he does it). I’m on my cell phone as soon as my eyes are open texting my best friend Stacy good morning. Then I catch up on Facebook and messages. From there I water and feed horses. Now that I’ve been laid off, I go and help my horse trainers throughout the day, I love being around horses all day and Cory and Terry Lee are amazing. Once I’m home, I check on our horses again and usually end up having a nap. After that it’s writing and/or family time.

RB: Tell us a few things people don’t know about you?

AE: Hmmm. Weird things... I can wave my baby toe. I think the word ‘fork’ is funny and I hate the word ‘moist’.
Normal things... I love to paint. All my animals are rescues. I send Stacy funny pictures that are utterly ridiculous. My eyes change color depending on my mood.

RB: Girl, you have some serious hotties on your covers. How do you go about picking whom will grace your covers?

AE: They are gorgeous aren’t they? BUT they are also kind, positive and they truly want to help the authors they work with. That’s how I choose. There are a ton of models out there, I want to use ones that will represent me in a positive way.

RB: Will you be attending any author events? If so which ones and when?

AE: I’m attending Naughty in the South this year. It’s in Birmingham, Alabama on June 6! So far that is the only one, but I hope to add more.

RB: What was it like to finally hit publish and see your book go live?

AE: It felt completely unbelievable. I still go on to check sometimes and make sure it’s not a dream.

RB: If you would put any hottie on your cover who would it be, what would his character name be and what would his profession be?

AE: Nick Bateman. I love him. I don’t know the name, I don’t name my characters unless I have an idea of who they are as a character. I can see him as a super sexy professor.

RB: If you could meet any author, past or present who would it be and why?

AE: I would love to meet Colleen Hoover. She is a huge inspiration to me. She is so grounded and just simply amazing.






SYNOPSIS:

Emma is broken inside. After tragedy strikes she returns to her childhood home in hopes to heal her heart. Reconnecting with old family friends, Emma is unprepared for the way her long lost friend, Dane, makes her feel. Emma fights the attraction, but Dane is a man impossible to resist. What she doesn’t expect is for Dane to pursue her with a determination that makes her resolve waver. His ability to calm the storm that rages inside her and the way he makes her pulse race is a dangerous combination. She is risking everything. Can Emma set aside her fears and give Dane a chance? Her walls will break, her heart will be tested and she will never be the same. 


**All About Us is the first in a series of standalone novels. It does not have a cliffhanger, and can be read on its own. This novel contains sexually explicit material and is intended for readers 18 and older.**

TEASERS:








Please make sure you stop by her page and give her a like and if you have read ALL ABOUT US, please make sure to leave a review. Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment