Saturday, May 31, 2014

I wasn't looking for you #2

So there we are, you listening attentively and me spilling my guts. Bet you didn't know what you were going to get when you asked. I wondered, shit should I stop talking. I didn't.  Then I had to go. I had to get home. 

As I drove away I thought, wow I dumped all my shit on that poor dude. He asked. Bet he won't be asking me for a ride again. But.. he did.

Every time we worked together he would ask for a ride. We would talk more and more. Laugh and joke. I felt comfortable. I didn't need to impress him. Then my birthday rolled around. It was my 19th birthday and he asked if he could take me to dinner. He brought a friend and I brought one of mine. We met at the restaurant and had a good time. That night was memorable.  He managed to make me smile and laugh in the middle of a funk. 

Before I knew it Fall rolled around and it was Halloween time. He mentioned going to a theme park I said have fun let me know how it goes. All the while, I was clueless. I wasn't looking for you. I wasn't looking for anyone. But there you were. 

Next time we saw each other I asked you how your night out was. You said it was fun.  We kept our conversations and our routine.  You would let me play my cheesy music at closing time and I just thought you were the cool dude. My friend.

Before I knew it, Christmas time was here. We all got a secret Santa we had to shop for at work. A group of us agreed to hit the mall up. That shopping trip was the... "OMG, no way" moment for me. 

After having walked the mall for some time many of us had purchased our gifts. We were just hanging out at this point. I will forever remember this moment. You were walking and I heard you say, "shit, not today". I looked over at you confused. Then you did something I never expected. You grabbed my hand and held it as we walked.  Some of our friends let out an, oh my god. I just remember feeling a warm hand that made my heart pick up speed and I held my breath. 

I kept thinking what is he doing and why? Then I heard a..."hey, how are you?" Coming from a girl and she was looking at you. We stopped walking.  I let go of your hand and walked away so you could talk to your friend. The chat you had was short. You made your way to me, grabbed my bags in your left hand then with your right hand you grabbed my left. You filled me in that the girl was in the group from the Halloween outing. But you weren't interested....

 

*more later

3 comments:

  1. I want to know what happen next. Please? please, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I need to do more of this lol

    ReplyDelete