Sunday, June 8, 2014

Romance books addressing real life issues

Image

Thursday, June 5th I was 'lurking' as my goddaughter calls it, on Facebook.  I came across a the cover you see and the word "FREE" so I clicked on the link and OMG one word caught my attention... AUTISM. I read the synopsis and 1-clicked. Started this book at break time at work and got hooked.  I NEEDED to read this book. I NEEDED to see what the author had to say about AUTISM.  Why would I care you ask... because I am an "AUTISM MOM".  My son was diagnosed when he was three-years old.  Autism has been a staple in our lives for seven long years.

Anytime I see an author write about AUTISM or TYPE 1 DIABETES.  I need to read, why TYPE 1 DIABETES... because hubby and I hit the jackpot with our only child, our 10 year-old son has both. At six-years old we almost lost him due to diabetes, he was falling into a diabetic coma.

So, when I hear a book has something I deal with on a daily basis I am drawn to it.  Joleen James, did an amazing job talking about AUTISM. I had to ask her if she was a mom of a child on the spectrum, she's not she's an educator.  I kid you not I felt like Luke and my son were the same person. My son deals with so many of the issues that Luke did, rocking, noise, sun light. The sensory sensitivity that was mentioned is not exaggerated. It was dead on. Glory, the mom in the book is awesome my hero. They stuff we deal with on a daily basis can be overwhelming but our kid will always come first and I love that she did.

Joleen did an amazing job bringing a disability into the scenario of a romance novel. Honestly, it works. Loved the book and story line.

I stopped reading all books I had for review to read this. I needed to read a book for me and this one was perfect.  I truly recommend it.

I'm attaching my GOODREADS review here also.  Give Joleen a chance she will surprise you. Like her FB page the link is also below.

[embed]http://bit.ly/1kPjB2v[/embed]

https://www.facebook.com/JoleenJames

 

No comments:

Post a Comment