Saturday, June 21, 2014

Shawn Dawson: Q & A

Image

 

 

Many of us have seen him, have appreciated the good looks and of course the fit body. If you read Bender by Stacy Borel then you are more than familiar with him. This man is one of the most amazing people I have been fortunate to get to know. He deserves every bit of attention he is getting and all the respect and admiration.  The one and only Shawn Dawson.

Many of us follow him on Facebook and can see how committed he is to his profession. He is a dedicated trainer and a professional model. His face will soon appear on two more book covers. One of the covers was just released this week and boy is it gorgeous.

I honestly never thought I would have the opportunity to communicate with someone like him. But, here I am. I could of asked him a million questions, heck who wouldn't? Here's how this Q & A turned out.

RB: -How did you get into fitness world? Online coaching? Personal training?

SD: How I got into the "fitness world" is really by the fact I've always wanted to challenge myself in new ways, I've always done sports, my whole life. The next challenge was full out body changes. I've been a personal trainer since I was 19 years old got certified and just fell in love with the connections I made with my clients.

 

RB: How long have you been doing the personal training,  fitness coaching?

SD: Personal training 3 years, online training just started recently and in love with it already. I just decided that once I became busy; to do online training and as of right now I love it. Listening to clients stories on why they want to do it motivates me.

 

RB: What is your motivation to stay on the healthy path?

SD: Honestly, the biggest motivation to me is when someone randomly goes out of their way to tell me how I've helped or inspired them or keep them going.

RB: Do you listen to music while at the gym? If so what do you listen to?

SD: Of course I listen to music when at the gym. I tend to listen to stuff that has meaning behind the lyrics, because the lyrics can hit home sometimes and set something off inside me mentally. Some of the main names that are at the top of my playlist are; A Day To Remember, All That Remains, Woe Is Me, Memphis May Fire, Asking Alexandria, and Issues.

I swear, I was waiting to hear him say Celine Dion.

RB: Any advice for up and coming fitness models?

SD: My advice for upcoming models would have to be stay true to you. Don't try to be someone you're not because people will see through your act eventually and it'll only bite you in the ass.

RB:  You have mention and posted pics of your love for football. How does football fit into your life now?

SD: I've literally played football my entire life, ever since I was 10 years old, about 13 years now. It was the one sport that sparked my interest the one I gave my all to.

RB: What football team are you a fan of?

SD: I root for my Chicago bears.

Of, course he does. Why am I not surprised. Da Bears!

RB: Besides football what other sports do you or have you participated in?

SD: I've participated in a lot of sports. Football, Basketball, Track, Volleyball, Wrestling, and Cage Fighting.

RB: How did the modeling begin?

SD: Modeling began when I finally answered back to the modeling agency that was trying to bring me on ever since I was 18, took me about 3 years to finally say yes. It was something new and decided why not.

RB: How old were you and what did a manly ass man like you think of modeling?

SD:I started when I was 21 only been doing this for almost a year (July 23rd) I was so nervous honestly LOL.

Exciting we all get to celebrate this milestone with him. We must show him mad love that day. He took a chance a year ago and look at what happened!

Image

RB: What where your thoughts/feelings when you landed the cover of BENDER?

SD: Ah,the thoughts of me even being considered for a cover I was in shock. I was so happy. So from that point on I decided whatever opportunity that came my way I'd give it my all. So much excitement when I had the paperback in my hand I honestly kinda called Stacy crying.

All I can picture right here is a very happy, overwhelmed and emotional man. Tell me that isn’t precious.  

RB: Any similarities between Camden and Shawn?

SD: There are so many similarities, Camden's attitude is exactly like mine, I don't let people in until they break down the wall I have up to protect myself. I love being in control.

Many of us fell in LOVE with Camden. Imagine there is an actual almost Camden out there. Holy shit, where are his brothers? *sigh* a girl can dream. A book boyfriend come to life.  

RB: How has life changed since BENDER?

SD: Bender has changed my life because I get the opportunity to travel and meet so many people in a different aspect than fitness. It's just something cool that I never expected.

RB: What are your family’s thoughts of seeing you on the cover of a book?

SD: My family is supportive of everything I do especially my mom. She's saved absolutely everything I've been on magazines, pictures, websites, but their response was. "It's all starting to pay off".

This part was amazing to me. A strong man loved and supported by his family. That helps a person keep going, to give their all and yes, all his hard work is paying off. Hard work does pay off and that payoff keeps us motivated.

We fans can get crazy and wild. We adore you, you are so adorable (not just a pretty face) the whole package.

RB: How does all the female attention make you feel?

SD: Honestly I'm kind of at loss for words because I don't even think that highly of myself, of course I have confidence but it does mean a lot to see all the comments and such. I try to read them all, half the time I hide behind my hands and blush.

The very first thing I noticed about Shawn was his humility. This man is just one of the most humble people I have come across. He’s genuine. What you see is what you get.

Image

RB: Author events are coming any idea what to expect?

SD: Hmm I've been warned that they're crazy. That whatever I am expecting, to expect it to be crazier

This answer made me laugh. Ladies that will be at his first event, be kind. Don’t scare him away. Hahaha. Break him in slowly.

RB: Have you experienced any crazy fans yet?

SD: Yes, but more from the fitness aspect.

Well, I think he may soon experience a crazy fan from the book world. Hope it is not too traumatic. I just picture someone jumping on him and wrapping their legs around that firm body. Ladies, leave the resistance cables at home. Unless, you are on THE MACHINE and are alone in the gym with him.

RB: Thoughts on the wild and crazy world that is Romance Books?

SD: I'm just in awe with how you ladies think of some of this stuff, dirty minds in a good way.

He’s in awe ladies. In awe of our minds, he has no clue that we can unleash the inner freak. We can get pretty wild.

RB: What is the perfect date?

SD: Honestly, I'm a very laid back person, if a girl were to make me a fantastic dinner & we just watch a movie that would blow my mind. Who doesn't mind an Alpha Female to be at the side of an Alpha Male, and no I'm not saying she cook because I won't. But it does show that she has confidence in her cooking to feed her man. Then the fact we can just relax and have a good time with each other catching a movie.

RB: Thoughts on all the fans you have made via social media?

SD: I love the connections I've made via social media, without the support from family, friends, and fans I wouldn't be where I am today. They're supportive of me because I've stayed true to myself from the jump off so I think it's safe to say they're not going anywhere and they all mean so much to me. I try to interact with them as much as possible.

RB: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

SD; I've got no idea, with this industry anything can happen. You've gotta go with what comes your way and all the opportunities not many are blessed with this.

 Shawn, from the bottom of my heart I want to THANK YOU for being a good sport and doing this for Romance Bytes. The ladies that LIKE my page just can't get enough of you. I want to wish you luck in all you do, now and in the future. I hope that we can do this again. Love and hugs your way. 

 

Links to artist Shawn has on his playlist

A DAY TO REMEMBER   https://www.facebook.com/adtr

ALL THAT REMAINS  https://www.facebook.com/allthatremains

WOE IS ME  https://www.facebook.com/woeis

MEMPHIS MAY FIRE  https://www.facebook.com/MemphisMayFire

ASKING ALEXANDRIA  https://www.facebook.com/askingalexandria

ISSUES  https://www.facebook.com/issuesofficial

 

No comments:

Post a Comment